Squirrel

I promised pictures of a Batman cake. I have pictures of a Batman cake. I would have had pictures sooner but I’m easily distracted. First, there was the day off I needed to recover my house after the birthday party. I sort of had a day off but my house is not really recovered. Spotless houses are so overrated any way. Secondly, I had to take some time to do this to my keyboard:
This was easily the best thing I have ever done to my computer. The other adult in my house (who works with computers for a living) won't go any where near my desk now because he can't stand my keyboard.

Third, there was a new Suicide Squad trailer. I had to watch it a few times. Can we just take a moment to appreciate Clint Eastwood’s gene pool? Scott Eastwood is a fine genetic specimen. Fourth, there was Monday. That’s all I’m saying about that. Fifth, Mother Nature happened on Tuesday. I had every intention of creating a new post on Tuesday while the Twinkers were napping. Mother Nature decided she doesn’t have any idea what time of year it really is. It was cold, dark, and windy. In addition to that, there was also some snow, then some freezing rain, then some regular rain. I decided I didn’t want to write. Instead I did this:

So now that I have listed all the reasons for delaying my Batcake, I give you, Batcake!

While it may not be the prettiest cake, it sure was a tasty cake. The box mix into a bakery cake mix, was fantastic. Of course the cake making process wasn’t without complication. On my first round of cake baking, one of my cakes stuck to the pan so bad that I had to destroy it to get it out of the pan. I didn’t want just one small round cake for my girls. That’s boring. Luckily, I now live in a town that actually has a grocery story. My previous town had no grocery store and the nearest was half an hour away. I could have scratch made another cake. I had zero patience at that point. The other adult ran to the store to get more cake mix. I stayed home and chugged a beer, hoping to get my artistic juices flowing. The first one didn’t help. The second one sort of did. I couldn’t use the box to bakery mix on my second round of cakes. I had run out of butter. By the time the other adult was home, the store was closed. I had to make the second round according to package directions. Except, I didn’t have any vegetable oil so I used coconut oil. When everything was said and done, it was tasty cake. The Twinkers have no idea how tasty my cake was. They decided the cupcakes were better. That’s the last time I make them a cake. Who am I kidding? They will get a cake next year. The leftovers have made for great breakfast.

Originally Posted on April 13, 2016

2017 Edit: The above mentioned Suicide Squad trailer was easily the best part of the entire movie. The movie itself sure left a lot to be desired. C'mon DC! Get it together! I don't care which character they play or what the actual story line is but if you put Henry Cavill and Scott Eastwood on screen together with minimal clothing, people will watch. Maybe not people. Me. I will watch. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Rain and Potato Soup

Vacation Days and Coffee Creamer

Free Time? What's That Again?