If You Can Be Disappointed in Train Wrecks.....

I received an advanced copy of this book courtesy of NetGalley. All of the opinions are my own. 

I am actually kind of disappointed that this book wasn't as much of a train wreck as the previous novel, The Sisters of Versailles

First I would just like to say that if the author had filled her books with the kind of writing talent she displayed in the last chapter of this novel, her books would be five star reads for me. 

The women in this book are just as one dimensional as they were before. They are all a bunch of brainless magpies. Sex and fancy things are the greatest motivators of the 18th century apparently. Diane was back in all her moronic glory. Older doesn't always make for wiser. Ugh. Just ugh. I've never actually seen the show Reign but I imagine it watches much like this book reads. Very young adult. 

The only reason I accepted a copy of this book was because I didn't think it could be any worse than the previous novel. Surely Madame de Pompadour is a much more interesting character than all of the Nesle sisters. Madame de Pompadour was a fascinating woman. All of the proof you need for that can be found here http://thehistorychicks.com/episode-1... 

I will not be picking up book three. I just don't think I can subject myself to that again.

This post originally appeared here: http://nofeet.booklikes.com/post/1441602/if-you-can-be-disappointed-in-train-wrecks


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Purple Rain and Potato Soup

Vacation Days and Coffee Creamer

Free Time? What's That Again?